Boston Presidential Scholarship is an academic award given to outstanding students who are actively involved in community activities and other non-school-related pursuits.
Boston University provides a variety of merit-based scholarships, some of which are awarded and cover full tuition fees, to honor students who demonstrate exceptional academic and extracurricular achievements. The scholarship is offered by Boston University, USA, and is open to first-year undergraduates.
The majority of these scholarships are awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, while others are awarded to those who demonstrate exceptional musical talent, athletic ability, or artistic talent.
Eligible students do not have to complete a separate application form or submit additional essays. The scholarship is available for the academic year 2022-2024, and applications must be submitted no later than the first week in December.
The Presidential Scholarship provides an annual tuition scholarship of over $25,000, which can be applied to up to four consecutive years of undergraduate studies at the University of Buffalo.
Boston University History
Boston University is a private, nonsectarian research university situated in Boston, Massachusetts, United Methodist Church-affiliated. It is one of the largest employers in the city, boasting over 3,800 faculty and 30,000 undergraduate and graduate students. Boston university offers a comprehensive range of educational programs, including bachelor’s, master’s, and doctorate degrees, as well as medical, dental, and business degrees. The university is divided into two urban campuses, the main campus located along the Charles River and the Medical Campus in the South End of Boston. Additionally, BU offers 75 study abroad programs across more than 33 cities and over 20 countries, as well as internship opportunities in ten countries, including the United States.
Eligible Courses for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship
This scholarship is applicable to all Universal Graduate Certificate courses offered at Boston University, which the including the following courses:
- Arts & Sciences
- Business Administration
- Computer Science
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering
- Fine Arts.
- Hospitality Administration
- Biomedical Engineering
- General Studies.
- Health & Rehabilitation Sciences.
- Global Studies.
- Education & Human Development
- Mechanical Engineering
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for Boston University Presidential Scholarship
There are certain eligibility you must meet before you can be able to apply for the Boston University Presidental Scholarship.
- Students must have excelled in order part of their non-curricular activities at school and in their local communities.
- You must rank in the top 5% of your high school class
- Have an SAT score of at least 1500 and an ACT score of at least 33
- All merit awards and scholarships are open to U.S. citizens and permanent residents, as well as eligible non-citizens.
How to Apply for Boston University Presidential Scholarship?
Boston University’s presidential scholarship does not necessitate any additional essay writing or application forms. To be considered for consideration, applicants must submit their application along with supporting credentials. Here are important steps to follow in order to apply for the Boston University Presidental scholarship:
- Firstly, use the Common Application to apply to Boston University.
- After clicking on the first-year student button on the website fill in the required information.
- Standardized Tests (SAT / ACT scores).
- A copy of your personal Passport.
- You must upload your Secondary School Records (High School Transcript, Senior Year Grades).
- Counselor Recommendation and School Report Form.
- Recommendation of a teacher.
- Documentation of financial support.
To learn more about the Boston University Presidential Scholarship, go to https://www.bu.edu/admissions/tuition-aid/scholarships-financial-aid/first-year-merit/presidential/:
Application Deadlines for the Boston University Presidential Scholarship
In order to be eligible for Boston University Presidential Scholarship consideration, applicants must submit their applications prior to the priority scholarship date of December 1st.