Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program 2024: CFSP is a scholarship program that aims to build institutional capacity by providing training for employed nationals from La Francophonie developing countries.
CFSP is funded entirely through the Government of Canada. As of January 1, 2015, the management of CFSP is entrusted to the Consortium Canadian Bureau For International Education/World University Service of Canada.
The CFSP is a testament to this dedication, especially for international students from French-speaking countries. There are many fields in which the Francophonie Canadian scholarships can be awarded. These fields include Master’s degrees, Ph.D., and post-doctoral degrees. This guide provides a comprehensive overview of the CFSP, providing information and clarity for applicants.
Eligibility for the Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program
Here are things to know for you to be eligible for the CSF program.
- Receiving countries’ internal recruitment campaigns identify candidates who demonstrate the most aptitude to contribute to the institution’s capacity building when they return home.
- Once candidates are identified and selected, they may enroll in higher education programs leading to master’s and doctoral degrees, technical and vocational education and training, or short-term traineeships.
- The French Language is required before you can be eligible for the scholarship
- Eligible countries to apply for the CSF program include Egypt, Lebanon, Tunisia, Morocco, Djibouti, Mauritania, Comoros, and other Countries from Africa.
- Pharmaceutical, medical, and dental training are not eligible.
How to apply for the Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program (CFSP)
The scholarship application process is one of the most important and, in some cases, crucial steps of any scholarship application. If you make any mistakes while applying for a scholarship, your application may be rejected. Therefore, it is advisable to be very cautious while applying for any scholarship.
Before applying for any scholarship, it is important to ensure that you apply at the appropriate time. Make sure to check the scholarship deadline and apply before the deadline.
- Visit the CSFP website at: https://www.boursesfrancophonie.ca/index-en.php
- Follow the steps on the website on how to apply
Note: Qualifying candidates are selected on the basis of a quota approach for each beneficiary country. Under the quota approach, beneficiary countries have the freedom to set their own training priorities as well as determine the training intensity required for institution growth.
Importance of the Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program
The program’s long-term objective is to contribute to the growth of the recipient countries by prioritizing the development of trainers, particularly those in the technical and vocational education fields, college and university staff in the fields of education and research, and the development and enhancement of the skills of professionals and managers in both public and private sectors.
Benefits of the Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program
- The program usually covers the whole cost of the chosen course of study, so you don’t have to worry about any extra fees.
- The scholarship typically provides health insurance coverage during the course of study, due to the disparities in healthcare systems.
- The scholarships cover your Living Allowance costs in Canada, thereby facilitating their stay in the country.
Eligible Countries for the Canadian Francophonie Scholarships Program
The Canadian Francophonie Scholarship Program is open to applicants from the following countries:
- Guinee Equatorial
- Burkina Faso
- Brazzaville Congo
- Cote d’Ivoire
- Sao Tome et Principe
- Republic Centrafricaine