Iowa State University Scholarships 2024: The University of Iowa is dedicated to recruiting a broad and talented student body.
A limited number of International Freshman Scholarships will be available for consideration. Students at Iowa State receive an excellent academic and research foundation in learning communities and are actively engaged in a variety of undergraduate research programs, internships, and study-abroad opportunities. They gain valuable insight from world-renowned scholars who are addressing some of the most pressing global issues.
This scholarship is awarded to those students who have achieved outstanding academic performance and demonstrated exceptional talents or accomplishments in the following fields: Mathematics and Sciences, the Arts, Extracurricular Activities, Community Service, Leadership, Innovation, or Entrepreneurship.
About Iowa State University
Established in 1858 as Iowa State University, ISU is one of the nation’s leading international teaching & research universities that focuses on science & technology while also emphasizing the arts & humanities. ISSO’s International Student Advisers have decades of experience working with students from all over the United States and around the world. They provide timely and courteous service and informative programming to international students and their families, as well as visiting scholars.
ISU has eight colleges: agriculture & life sciences, business, design, graduate, engineering, human sciences (formerly Education & Family & Consumer Sciences), liberal arts & sciences, and veterinary medicine. ISU’s international reputation attracts students from around the world. In the Fall semester of 2018, ISU enrolled 3,691 International Students. More than 700 International Visiting Scholars come to ISU each year to teach &/or conduct research. Since 1878, ISU has been dedicated to helping international students & scholars reach their goals & objectives.
Eligibility for Iowa State University Scholarships for International Students
Below are eligibility notices before applying for Iowa State University Scholarships
- This award is only available to incoming international applicants who have received an offer of admission, are being evaluated for international tuition, and will not receive financial sponsorship from their home country’s government.
- Qualifying SAT and ACT scores must be submitted in order to be considered.
- Applicants must be legally residing in the United States and have been enrolled in an academic program at Iowa State University for a full academic year, including both the fall and spring semesters.
- All scholarships require a 500-word or more letter from the applicant outlining their financial needs and how they plan to utilize the scholarship funds. Some scholarships may require an additional 500-word letter to address the individual scholarship criteria.
- Students who are in OPT or AT are not eligible for this program.
Requirement for Iowa State University Scholarships
In order to retain the Iowa State scholarship, the following requirements must be fulfilled during one’s tenure at the institution:
- At Iowa State University, the Dean’s Award requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- The President’s Award requires a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 from students enrolled at Iowa State University.
- Continuous enrollment in at least 12 semester credits per semester (excluding the summer months) is required.
- This award is only available to students who have been evaluated for their international tuition. It can only be applied to undergraduate tuition and fees.
How to Apply for the Iowa State University Scholarship
Here is how to apply for the Iowa State University scholarships:
- Visit the University website to apply via the One APP, Link: https://financialaid.iastate.edu/scholarships/
- Use the website to create an application for your scholarship and make sure to fill in all the required information. Students have to write a letter about their financial situation and how they plan to use the scholarship money. You only have to write one letter for the scholarship application unless you need more documents.
- You will be notified about more information via your submitted email address.