Lakehead University Scholarships 2023: Lakehead University offers Undergraduate Entry Scholarships and International Scholarships. These scholarships are specifically designed for high-achieving international students who are enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at the University.
Additionally, non-Canadians who are enrolled in a high school program or transferring from a foreign college or university will also be eligible for these Scholarships.
About Lakehead University Scholarships
Lakehead University is a public, research-based university located in Thunder Bay, Ontario, Canada. Lakehead was established in 1946 as a technical institute. LU officially became a university in 1965. LU has two campuses: Thunder Bay (the main campus) and Orillia (the secondary campus). Both campuses are located in rural and suburban areas. The main campus is home to approximately 8, 000students, while the secondary campus in Orillia is home to approximately 2,000. Students come from a variety of backgrounds, both Canadian and international.
Eligibility for Lakehead University Scholarships
The following is a list of criteria that must be met in order to be eligible to apply for a scholarship at Lakehead University.
- This award is given to Canadian high school graduates who have shown exemplary leadership and have made a positive impact on their school and local community.
- Students must demonstrate a minimum grade point average of 90% or higher in either Grade 12 or M courses.
- In order to be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must have completed high school education directly.
- In order to be eligible for this program, applicants must possess Canadian citizenship or permanent residency and also University of Lakehead also offers a scholarship to international applicants.
- It is necessary to plan a full-time course of study at Lakehead University in the academic year.
Courses Offered at Lakehead University
Here are the list of courses offered at Lakehead University:
- Business Administration
- Natural Science
- Political Science
- Social Science and Humanities
- Computer Science
- Health and Behavioral Science
- Science and Environmental Studies
- Natural Resource Management
- Lakehead Medical School
Note: It is important to note that not all the courses offered by the university are mentioned here.
How to Apply for the Lakehead University Scholarship
Here are the ways to apply for scholarships at Lakehead University from the official website of Lakehead University.
- Visit the Lakehead University website at https://www.lakeheadu.ca/studentcentral/financing-budgeting/entrance-scholarships-for-future-new-students
- Click on the Scholarship you would like to apply for and follow all the necessary information
- Visit the Lakehead University scholarship portal via https://www.ouac.on.ca/apply/dashboard/en_CA/user/login
- Click the Create account and fill in all the necessary details correctly in order to proceed to the next step.
- After you have filled in your required information, full name, email address, and contact you will need to proceed by uploading your Essays, CVs/Resumes, Budget Forms, and Transcripts which are mostly important you can also upload this information via the university email address email@example.com.
- In order to be eligible for a scholarship, students must submit a budget form. This form is intended to provide a comprehensive overview of their expenses for the academic year, covering the eight months from September to April. When filling out the budget form, students should provide information regarding their income and expenditure for the months in which they plan to attend classes. A budget form template may be provided with the application if necessary.
- Lakehead University will evaluate your application for admission in either a firm or conditional admission. Conditional admission is contingent upon the successful completion of your current application and subsequent compliance with Lakehead’s general admission criteria.
- The final step in the admissions process is to be accepted by Lakehead University. You will be notified by a formal Offer of Admission and a package to welcome you to our program.